How do you sign up for gas rates in Georgia?
If you live in聽Atlanta聽or within the聽Atlanta Gas Light Company聽service area, you must choose who supplies your natural gas. Want to get natural gas supply at your residence? Follow the easy steps below:
- Understand natural gas supply plans. Georgia gas companies, or marketers, sells supply plans with fixed- and variable-price plans. Fixed prices secure a price per therm for a period of time, while variable prices have a price per month that can change and doesn鈥檛 require a long-term contract.
- Compare marketers. The Georgia Public Service Commission gives residents guidelines on how to compare natural gas companies, which can be viewed聽here.
- Enter your ZIP code. Explore what supply plans you have available to you in your area.
- Call jnkebao.com庐. An energy representative is ready to help you sign up for a new natural gas supply plan that works for you.
Georgia gave consumers the power to choose their natural gas suppliers in 1997 when it passed the Natural Gas Competition and Deregulation Act. As a result, Atlanta Gas Light Company (AGL) became a distribution utility that does not sell natural gas supply. Instead of offering natural gas prices in Georgia, it distributes the supply bought by consumers.
Which Georgia gas companies can you shop from?
Georgia residents can only shop for natural gas supply rates if they live in the Atlanta Gas Light Company service area. The Georgia Public Service Commission urges consumers to consider three primary categories when choosing a marketer: customer service history, competitive pricing and terms and conditions. From there, residents can research Georgia natural gas marketers in-depth to find the best fit.
|Colonial Energy (Commercial only)||Xoom Energy|
|Constellation Energy||FireSide Natural Gas|
|Gas South||Georgia Natural Gas|
|Infinite Energy||Kratos Gas & Power|
|Mansfield Power & Gas (Commercial only)||North American Power and Gas|
|SCANA Energy||Stream Energy|
|True Natural Gas||Walton EMC Natural Gas|
Unsure whether your home falls in the Atlanta Gas Light Company service area? You can take a look at one of your previous natural gas bills or type in your ZIP code on聽jnkebao.com庐. We can help find available gas rates in Georgia.
Who do you call to report a gas leak?
Although customers in deregulated areas have the power to compare supply options from competitive GA marketers, it’s important to know that Atlanta Gas Light Company remains responsible for the delivery of supply to your home. The utility is responsible, as well, for pipe maintenance and emergencies.
If you have a natural gas emergency, please contact Atlanta Gas Light Company at:
- Atlanta area:404-584-4000
- Other AGL service area:1-877-427-4321
New to energy deregulation? Need help finding a plan?
WE鈥橰E HERE! CALL 1-855-380-8348